Cat® Footwear 2017 Race Experience at MARKS Contest – Official Rules
1. Description. The Cat® Footwear 2017 Race Experience at MARKS Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 00:01 am ET on October 2, 2017, and ends at 11:59 pm ET on October 29, 2017 (the “Contest Period”). By participating in the Contest, participants unconditionally accept and agree to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors (see Section 9), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Receipt of a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Eligibility. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be 21 years or older at the time of entry and a legal resident of Canada. Employees, officers, directors, representatives and mandataries of Sponsors, their respective parents, subsidiaries, and agents, as well as the immediate family (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, and grandparents) and household members of each such employee, officer, director, representative and mandatary are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, provincial and local laws, rules and regulations apply.
3. How to Enter. To enter, go to www.Marks.com (the “Website”), navigate within the Website to the Contest entry page, then complete an Entry Form in its entirety. Incomplete entries and those containing invalid e-mail addresses will be disqualified and removed from the Contest. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. Any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all of an entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
4. Winner Selection. On or about November 6, 2017, at the office of Wolverine World Wide Canada ULC located at 6225 Millcreek Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 0G2, at 1:00 pm. Sponsors will hold a random drawing to select one (1) Grand Prize winner from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified after the drawing by e-mail and/or telephone, and may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and/or liability release within seven (7) days after notification. If the potential winner (a) cannot be contacted within three (3) days after selection, (b) does not meet the eligibility criteria, (c) does not fully comply with these Official Rules, (d) cannot correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question, or (e) fails to sign and return the affidavit and/or release, then the potential winner forfeits the prize and an alternate winner will be selected in the Sponsors’ sole discretion. The Grand Prize will be delivered to the eligible winner by mail.
5. Prizes. One (1) Grand Prize: A trip for prize winner and one (1) travel guest to the car race to be held in Daytona, Florida on February 18, 2018, including: (a) round trip coach air transportation from a major airport near the winner’s home (determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion) to either the Daytona Beach International Airport or the Orlando International Airport on February 16, 2018, returning on February 19, 2018; (b) hotel accommodations for three (3) nights (single room, double occupancy); (c) two (2) infield tickets to the race in Daytona on February 18, 2018 (seating determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion); (d) food and beverages at the Cat Footwear RV during the race; and (e) subject to their availability, a meet and greet with Ryan Newman and Luke Lambert. Approximate retail value (ARV) of Grand Prize is $4,000.00. Trip is subject to availability and blackout dates. Winner and travel guest must travel on the dates determined by Sponsors.
Actual value of the Grand Prize depends upon the location of winner’s residence as well as costs of airfare and accommodations at the time of reservation. Grand Prize winner and travel guest must travel together on the same itinerary, which must be booked at least twenty-one (21) days prior to departure. Sponsors will make all trip arrangements, including airline and itinerary selection, in their sole discretion. Sponsors are not responsible, and will not provide a refund or other compensation, for any cancellations or postponements of any prize component, including flights. Grand Prize winner and travel guest are responsible for any shots and required travel documentation, including visas and passports. Travel guest must meet all eligibility requirements of this Contest (including minimum age), and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and/or liability release prior to traveling.
Grand Prize is non-transferable, and may not be substituted for cash. Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may substitute a prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value due to unavailability of prize (or prize component) for any reason.
Grand Prize winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the Grand Prize receipt and/or use. All Grand Prize details are at Sponsors’ sole discretion. Any costs or expenses incurred by Grand Prize winner and travel guest in claiming or using their Grand Prize not specifically described in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and his/her travel guest. Any unused portion of the Grand Prize, once awarded, will be deemed forfeited by the applicable winner and no compensation will be made or required in respect of such unused portion.
6. General Conditions. Acceptance of a prize constitutes the winner’s consent to the use of his/her name and/or likeness for advertising without additional compensation, where not prohibited by law, and the winner (and the Grand Prize winner’s travel guest) will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability. All taxes and other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Sponsors are not responsible or liable for, and entrants completely release and hold Sponsors harmless against: (a) illegible, incomplete, damaged, misdirected, stolen, late, or lost Entry Forms; (b) network, internet, or computer malfunctions or damage related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (c) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsors which may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; or (d) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest. Any entrant attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest, including but not limited to using automated processes for entry, will be ineligible. Subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux the (“Régie”), if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, including but not limited to technical corruption or non-authorized human intervention, Sponsors at their sole discretion reserve the right to modify or cancel the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. Release. By receipt of any prize, winner agrees that Sponsors, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and the agents, employees, directors and officers of these companies, are not liable whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or from winner’s (and winner’s travel guest’s) participation in the Contest.
8. Winners List. Name of prize winner may be requested by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by January 31, 2018 to Cat Footwear at the address set forth below, to the attention of “Cat® Footwear 2017 Race Experience at MARKS Contest.”
9. Sponsors. The Sponsors of this Contest are Cat® Footwear, a brand of Wolverine World Wide Canada ULC, 6225 Millcreek Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 0G2, and Marks Work Wearhouse Ltd., 1035 64th Avenue, Suite 30, Calgary, Alberta T2H 2J7 (“Sponsors”).
11. Quebec Participants. Any litigation involving an entrant residing in Quebec relating to the conduct or organization of the Contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation relating to the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.