Mark’s Labour Day Weekend CFL Contest – Facebook
No purchase necessary. The Contest is sponsored by Mark’s. ("Contest Sponsor").
Contest opens on Wednesday, August 29, 2018 at 12:00 PM MDT and closes on Thursday, August 30 at 11:59PM MDT (the “Contest Period”).
Who Can Enter:
The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who are 18 years of age or older. You are not eligible to enter if you are (or you live with) an employee, officer, director, representative, agent, consultant or supplier of (i) the Contest Sponsor, (ii) or any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees or licensees. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and is void where prohibited by law.
How to Enter
1. During the Contest Period, visit the Mark’s Facebook page [www.facebook.com/marksclothing] to enter the Contest. Comment on the Mark’s Labour Day Weekend CFL Contest post to be entered to win. There is no maximum entry limit during the contest period.
2. All fields must be completed in full on the Contest entry form, including:
a. Following and Liking Mark’s Clothing on Facebook (@MarksClothing)
b. Tagging another person in a Facebook comment on the post
Each of these fields must be completed to be considered for a chance to win.
3. By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Regulations and all decisions of the Contest Sponsor and Contest Administrators.
4. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
5. The Contest Sponsor will not be responsible for an entrant’s inability to submit a Contest entry due to any hardware or software malfunction, internet service delay or interruption, inability to access the Contest URL, or any combination thereof. Further, The Contest Sponsor shall not be responsible for Contest entries that are incomplete, illegible, incorrect, lost, misdirected or delayed.
How to Win
6. The odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
7. On Thursday, August 30 at 11:59PM MDT, at the conclusion of the Contest Period, the potential winners will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries, (“Selected Entrant”).
a. There are four (4) pairs – eight (8) total tickets – to be distributed for this Contest.
8. The Contest Sponsor will verify the Selected Entrant’s eligibility and the Selected Entrant will be notified in accordance with paragraph 9. If the Selected Entrant does not meet all eligibility requirements for the Contest, the entry is void or becomes disqualified, and then an alternate Selected Entrant will be drawn from all remaining Contest entries.
9. The Selected Entrant will be contacted by the Contest Sponsor on Facebook and needs to provide Mark’s their email address in a private message, using the contact information provided on the Contest entry, and notified that they are a Selected Entrant to win a Prize, (the “Notification”).
10. The Selected Entrant must live within a 50-kilometre radius of the location where the CFL game will be played.
11. If the Selected Entrant does not respond to the Notification within six (6) hours thereof, that Selected Entrant will be automatically disqualified and an alternate Selected Entrant will be selected and contacted in accordance with paragraph 9.
12. Any Notification made by email that is returned as undeliverable may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
13. To be declared a Prize winner and recipient of a Prize (as defined below) the Selected Entrant must first:
a. Sign a declaration confirming compliance with these Official Rules and Regulations and acceptance of the Prize as awarded
b. Sign and return, within the time stipulated, a waiver and release of the Contest Sponsor, Administrators, and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, volunteers, governors, employees, agents, representatives, parents, successors, affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, related entities, partners, partnerships, suppliers of prizes, licensees, and licensors from any liability in connection with this Contest
c. Correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited skill testing mathematical question to be administered by Contest Sponsors.
14. By accepting a Prize, the Contest winner authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, City of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any further publicity carried out in connection with this Contest, with no additional compensation to the Contest winner beyond the awarding of the Prize.
15. Four prizes (each a “Prize”) will be awarded. Each Prize contains the following:
a. Two (2) game tickets to the Hamilton versus Toronto game in Hamilton, Ontario on Monday, September 3 at 4:30 PM MDT. Each ticket includes pre-game sideline access for arrival at 2:30 PM MDT or 6:00PM MDT (choice of Selected Entrant).
Prize(s) must be accepted as is and cannot be redeemed for cash. Prize(s) are non-transferable and no substitution will be made unless Sponsors, in their sole discretion, determines otherwise. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize, or a portion thereof, for one of equal or greater value should it become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. All prize details are at Sponsors’ sole discretion. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
All incidental costs and expenses associated with any Prize that are not specifically referred to herein, including (without limitation and as applicable) food and beverages, travel and medical insurance, gratuities, taxes, incidental and personal expenses, souvenirs and items of a personal nature are not included and are the sole responsibility of each Prize Winner (“Prize Winner”) and his/her guest.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
16. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries or for any failure of the web site during the Contest; for any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software, failed network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, online failures or communication failures other circumstances affecting, disrupting or corrupting the Contest in any manner, including without limitation, receipt of entries, entrants’ ability to participate in the Contest, prize notification or entrant response to the notification, for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination of the foregoing. Further, the Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any damage to entrants’ or third parties’ computer occasioned by participation in the Contest or by downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest.
17. By entering the Contest, entrants agree that the Contest Sponsor shall not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance, possession or use of any Prize awarded and entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor and its subsidiaries, parent company, affiliates, and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, and agents, for all claims or damages arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest or the acceptance or use of a Prize awarded therein.
18. The Contest Sponsor makes no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning the Prize and disclaims any implied warranties.
19. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or portion thereof) without notice for alternate prize or prizes of equal or greater value. Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged or returned for cash.
20. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend or extend this Contest or modify the Official Rules and Regulations at any time without notice and shall have no liability to anyone, including entrants, for the cancellation or termination of the Contest.
22. The personal information provided by entrants to enter the Contest will be (i) collected by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsor, (ii) used only to administer the Contest, contact Selected Entrants, verify eligibility of the Selected Entrants, and to send promotional materials and/or newsletters to the entrant, and for no other reason, and (iii) accessible only to those employees of the Contest Sponsor or a third party retained by the Contest Sponsor directly involved in the Contest and will not be disclosed or sold to any other third parties.
23. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes and in the manner described herein.
24. For more information about the Contest Sponsor’s commitment to your privacy please review the privacy policies online at our website.
25. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
26. The name of the Prize Winners will be available and may be obtained by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org within 120 days after the close of the Contest Period.
27. As a condition of participating in the Contest, except where prohibited by law, each entrant agrees that any dispute or cause of action arising out of or connected with the Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action proceeding, and exclusively before a court located in the province of Alberta and that the court shall apply the laws of the province of Alberta doctrines of conflict of law and that you agree to be subject to personal jurisdiction in the province of Alberta. Further, each entrant agrees to waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including legal costs or attorneys’ fees, other than the entrant’s out-of-pocket expenses associated with entering the Contest.
28. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. An entrant may be required to provide the Contest Sponsor with proof that she or he is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in its absolute discretion, to disqualify without notice, and to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.