"THE GREAT CANADIAN GETAWAY" CONTEST
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1) CONTEST PERIOD: Starts September 7, 2018 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET") and ends September 30, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM ET (the"Contest Period").
2) ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win a prize, you must be a legal resident of Canada who has reached the legal age of majority in your province/territory of residence at the time of entry. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) any person who, at any time on or after September 7, 2018, was or is a director, officer, agent, representative, or employee of Wolverine World Wide Canada ULC (“Sponsor"), Mark’s Work Wearhouse Ltd., or their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, or service agencies; (b) individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for the Contest or engaged in the administration or execution of this Contest (collectively, with the entities listed in 2(a), the"Contest Entities"); and (c) persons who are or purport to be immediate family members (defined as (biological or step-) mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son, or dependent or spouse of any of the foregoing) of any person in any of the preceding categories, regardless of where they live, or who reside in the same household (i.e., live in the same household for at least 3 of the 12 months preceding the start of the Contest Period, whether related or not) as any person in any of the preceding categories.
3) AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY RULES: By participating in this Contest, you are signifying your agreement that you have read and agree to be legally bound by these Official Rules and Regulations (the"Rules").
4) HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. There are two (2) ways to enter the Contest:
i) Receive an Entry with a valid product purchase:
During the Contest Period, purchase any of the Merrell products listed below at a Mark’s or L'Équipeur store, each an"Eligible Product." Take a photo of your receipt and make sure that it includes the purchase date, retailer, and shows the purchase of at least one (1) Eligible Product during the Contest Period. Please retain your receipt for verification if you are selected as an Eligible Winner. Then, visit the website at www.marks.com/merrell-contest, or, for Quebec residents only: www.lequipeur.com/merrell-contest (together, the"Website") and complete the registration form on the Website by submitting: (i) your full name, your valid email address, mailing address and phone number; (ii) the"receipt number" listed on your receipt (you may not register with the same receipt number multiple times); and (iii) whether your purchase was made in-store or online. You will also be asked to confirm your age, and to agree to these Official Rules. Once the registration form is completed and submitted, you will receive one (1) entry into the Contest Draw, subject to the entry limitations below* (See Rule #6 for Draw details).
Eligible Products for participation in the Contest:
- SKU/Style Number J16442 - Pattern Name: FULLBENCH CSA WORK BOOTS /BLACK
- SKU/Style Number J45343 - Pattern Name: FULLBENCH CSA WORK BOOTS /BLACK/MERRELL BLUE
- SKU/Style Number J15795W - Pattern Name: JUNGLE MOC CSA/BLACK
- SKU/Style Number J15797W - Pattern Name: JUNGLE MOC CSA/ESPRESSO
- SKU/Style Number J15801W - Pattern Name: JUNGLE MOC SR/ESPRESSO
- SKU/Style Number J15875W - Pattern Name: MOAB 2 VENT MID WATERPROOF CSA BOOTS/BLACK
- SKU/Style Number J16440 - Pattern Name: MOAB 2 VENT MID WATERPROOF CSA BOOTS/BLACK
- SKU/Style Number J15873 - Pattern Name: MOAB 2 VENT MID WATERPROOF CSA BOOTS/ESPRESSO
- SKU/Style Number J15873W - Pattern Name: MOAB 2 VENT MID WATERPROOF CSA BOOTS/ESPRESSO
- SKU/Style Number J15765W - Pattern Name: MOAB 2 VENT MID WATERPROOF BOOTS/BOULDER
- SKU/Style Number J15867W - Pattern Name: MOAB 2 VENT WATERPROOF CSA BOOTS/BOULDER
- SKU/Style Number J15781W - Pattern Name: MOAB 2 VENTWATERPROOF BOOTS/ESPRESSO
- SKU/Style Number J17773 - Pattern Name: RIDGEPASS BOLT CSA WORK BOOTS/BOULDER
- SKU/Style Number J15809W - Pattern Name: RIDGEPASS BOLT MID WATERPROOF CSA BOOTS/BLACK
- SKU/Style Number J45373 - Pattern Name: THERMO ADVENTURE 6" ICE+ WATERPROOF CSA BOOTS/BLACK
ii) See Rule #5 for details on how to enter by mail without making a purchase. Mail-in requests are also subject to the entry limitations below*.
*Limit: maximum of three (3) Contest entries (each, an"Entry") per person regardless of the method of entry. If you enter, or attempt to enter, more than the specified number of times using multiple names, email addresses, or identities, all of your Entries may in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion be declared null and void, and any prize you might have been entitled to will not be awarded. Robotic, programmed or any other automated means of online entry are prohibited and may in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion result in disqualification of all such Entries from the Contest.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The"authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. An eligible winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
If you do not have Internet access via a personal computer, your local library or Internet café may be able to provide access to the Internet and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free email accounts.
5) ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY: ENTER BY MAIL: This method of entry is available to any individual who meets the eligibility requirements in Rule #2 of these Rules. To obtain an Entry without the need to make a purchase or submit a receipt, print your first name, last name, email address, telephone number and complete mailing address (including postal code) on a plain white piece of paper, along with the handwritten statement"I agree to the Official Rules of the Contest", and mail it (in an envelope with sufficient Canadian postage) to the following address:"THE GREAT CANADIAN GETAWAY" CONTEST, c/o Merrell Canada, 6225 Millcreek Drive, Mississauga, ON, L5N 0G2. For each valid mail-in request received in accordance with these Rules, you will be eligible to receive one (1) Entry, subject to the entry limitations described in Rule #4, above. To be eligible, each request you send must: (i) be received separately in a single envelope bearing sufficient Canadian postage (i.e. multiple requests in the same envelope will be void); and (ii) be post-marked by October 1, 2018 and received by October 9, 2018.
Entries submitted by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means, Entries by any means which subvert the entry process and Entries made in any fashion other than as specified herein are void. All Entries become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
6) RANDOM CONTEST DRAW: On October 15, 2018 at 2:00 PM ET, in Mississauga, Ontario, representatives of the Sponsor (the"Contest Judges") will randomly draw one (1) Entry for the prize available in the Contest (See Rule #7 for prize details) from among all eligible Entries received. The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received. The eligible winner selected will be subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Rules.
7) PRIZE (1 available): A"Great Canadian Getaway" trip prize (“Trip") consisting of:
One (1) Trip to Campbell River, British Columbia, for the Winner and one (1) guest. Trip includes economy class roundtrip air transportation from a major international airport near the Winner’s residence (as determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion) to Vancouver, BC, roundtrip air transportation from Vancouver to Campbell River, BC, ground transportation between airport and hotel four (4) nights accommodations at a resort determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (ocean view suite, double occupancy), Winner’s choice of: one (1) 2-day guided fishing trip OR 1-day guided fishing trip and a whale watching adventure tour, Winner’s choice of: Vancouver Island Wildlife Tour OR Aveda Spa Day ($250.00 spa credit), as well as a cheque for $1,750.00 payable to Winner which Winner may use towards food and drink. Trip must be taken during May 2019 or prize will be forfeited. Trip subject to air travel and hotel availability, holiday and blackout dates, and all other prize and travel restrictions. Guest must have reached age of majority. Winner and guest must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Winner and guest must take air travel on the same travel itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as a prize. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to Winner’s proximity to Campbell River, British Columbia, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion and the difference in value will not be awarded to the Winner. Schedules subject to change without notice. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Once trip dates have been booked, no change, extension or substitution of trip dates is permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Should the Winner choose to take trip or any component of such trip without a guest, then the remaining elements of the prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to Winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. Winner is responsible for any and all expenses and taxes not included in the prize package (if any), including, but not limited to federal, provincial, and local taxes, airline and hotel taxes, ground transportation, meals, drinks, gratuities, souvenirs, excursions, phone calls, incidentals, tips, and other personal expenses. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. Winner and guest are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary and required travel documentation (e.g., passports, driver’s licenses, etc.). Winner and guest are each responsible for obtaining his/her own medical and life insurance and the associated costs. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for the prize (or prize component), except that Sponsor at its sole discretion may substitute the prize (or prize component) with one of equal or greater value due to prize unavailability or for any other reason. Any depiction of the prize, in promotional materials or otherwise, is for illustrative purposes only.
Approximate retail value ("ARV") of the prize: CAD $10,000.00 (based on a Halifax departure).
Actual value of the prize may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive the difference between actual and approximate retail value.
Prize is not transferable, or redeemable for cash, and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
Winner acknowledges that Contest Entities have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize, if any, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
All federal, provincial and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the Winner’s responsibility, regardless of whether a prize is used in whole or in part. All prize details are at the Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion.
8) ELIGIBLE WINNER CONFIRMATION PROCESS: NO ONE IS A WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL THE SPONSOR OFFICIALLY CONFIRMS HIM/HER AS A WINNER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE RULES, EVEN IF SUCH PERSON IS ANNOUNCED AS THE WINNER OR AN ELIGIBLE WINNER. Before being declared as a confirmed prize winner (once confirmed,"Winner"), the eligible winner will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid (which may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be administered online, by email or other electronic means, by telephone, or in the Sponsor’s form of declaration and release). In addition, the eligible winner may be requested to submit a photo of his/her product receipt (unless the selected entry was received by mail), and will be required to sign and return the Sponsor’s form of declaration and release, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the Released Parties (as defined below) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address (city and province of residence), voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If applicable, the Sponsor or its designee may conduct a review to determine (in their sole and absolute discretion) whether the eligible winner’s product receipt: (i) is legible and without markings, (ii) shows the purchase of at least one (1) Eligible Product during the Contest Period, as well as the purchase date and retailer, (iii) is otherwise a genuine and bona fide receipt; and (iv) shows the receipt number corresponding to the receipt number submitted in the applicable registration form. Beginning approximately two (2) business days following the Contest Draw, Sponsor (or its representative) will attempt to contact the eligible winner by phone, email, or mail (as provided in the Website registration or on the mail-in Entry request). Each eligible winner will be required to sign and return the Sponsor’s form of declaration and release within five (5) business days from the time it is recorded as being sent by the Sponsor (or its representative) prior to being confirmed as a Winner in accordance with these Rules. Eligible winner may be required to furnish proof of identification. If an eligible winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) cannot be contacted by phone or email within three (3) attempts over three (3) business days; (c) fails to properly execute and return the required Contest documents within the specified time; (d) fails to submit a receipt upon request (unless the selected entry was received by mail), or if Sponsor determines such receipt to be ineligible; (e) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the applicable prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (f) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the applicable prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to award the prize to an alternate eligible winner (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly-selected eligible winner).
Allow 4-6 weeks for confirmation of your prize details following final confirmation as a Winner. Contest Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a prize for any reason outside of their control. Prize will only be delivered to a confirmed Winner. Any unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number of entrants.
By accepting a prize, each Winner agrees and consents to the use of his/her name, address, voice, and statements relating to the Contest or Sponsor, and photographs or other likenesses, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by Sponsor, Mark's Work Wearhouse Ltd., or any related entities in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed, including the internet, without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
9) This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10) ANYONE DEEMED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THE SPONSOR’S INTERPRETATION OF THE LETTER AND/OR SPIRIT OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME. The Sponsor reserves the right to refuse an Entry from any person whose eligibility is in question or who has been disqualified or is otherwise ineligible to enter. In its sole and absolute determination, the Sponsor may disqualify any person (and to void all associated Entries) if such person acts in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or to attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by tampering, cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair playing practices (including any Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means or any other means which subvert the entry process).
11) BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE (AND AGREE TO CONFIRM IN WRITING) THAT THE CONTEST ENTITIES, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES OF THE CONTEST ENTITIES, AND EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE"RELEASED PARTIES") HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM A PRIZE, INCLUDING THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF THE PRIZE). FURTHER, BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT RELEASED PARTIES HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) RESULTING FROM: A) ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST WEBSITE, OR B) ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PERSONALITY OR PRIVACY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY.
12) The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure – including, but not limited to, the failure of any website or any platform during or after the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any information or materials (including, but not limited to any Entries or other requests) to be received, captured, recorded or function properly for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (v) anyone being incorrectly and/or mistakenly identified as a Winner or eligible winner; and/or (vi) any combination of the above.
13) The Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the"Régie") in Quebec, to withdraw, cancel, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or failure, accident, printing or administrative error, or for any other reason whatsoever. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select the Winner from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to time of such cancellation. In no event will the Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of prizes in these Rules.
14) The Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie in Quebec, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent deemed necessary by the Sponsor, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant and/or any other information or materials with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
15) For Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
16) Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
17) In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to, any website(s), platform(s), French version of these Rules, point of sale, television, print or online advertising and/or any instructions or interpretations of these Rules given by any representative of the Sponsor, the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
18) The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In particular, Sponsor's employees are not authorized to waive, modify or amend any provision or provisions of these Rules in any manner whatsoever.
19) To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations of participants, Sponsor or any of the other the Contest Entities in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the domestic laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Ontario in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Rules or relating to this Contest.
20) This Contest is solely sponsored by Wolverine World Wide Canada ULC, 6225 Millcreek Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, L5N 0G2.