Mark’s – Nurses Week Giveaway
Rules and Regulations
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
The Contest is sponsored by Mark’s Work Wearhouse Ltd. ("Contest Sponsor").
CONTEST PERIOD: Contest opens on Monday, May 7, 2018 at 12:01 AM MST and closes on Thursday May 24, 2018 at 11:59:00PM MST (the “Contest Period”).
Who Can Enter
The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. You are not eligible to enter if you are (or you live with) an employee, officer, director, representative, agent, consultant or supplier of (i) the Contest Sponsor, (ii) or any of its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees or licensees. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and is void where prohibited by law.
How to Enter
1. During the Contest Period visit www.Marks.com/en/nurses-week-giveaway.com and complete and submit the Contest entry form. You can enter a maximum of one (1) time during the Contest Period. All fields must be completed in full on the Contest entry form and you must check the box stating “I accept all liabilities associated with the details of this Contest & I am over the age of 18 years of age”.
2. Entries that do not contain a valid email address will be void. Entries that contain false, misleading or inappropriate information may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Entries must be received within the Contest Period. Entries received after the Contest Period closes will not be accepted.
3. By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Regulations and all decisions of the Contest Sponsor.
4. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
5. The Contest Sponsor will not be responsible for an entrant’s inability to submit a Contest entry due to any hardware or software malfunction, internet service delay or interruption, inability to access the Contest URL, or any combination thereof. Further, the Contest Sponsor shall not be responsible for Contest entries that are incomplete, illegible, incorrect, lost, misdirected or delayed.
How to Win
6. The odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
7. On or around Friday May 25, 2018 at 2:00PM MST, the potential winner will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries (“Selected Entrant”).
8. The Contest Sponsor will verify the Selected Entrant’s eligibility and the Selected Entrant will be notified in accordance with paragraph 9. If the Selected Entrant does not meet all eligibility requirements for the Contest, the entry is void or becomes disqualified, and then an alternate Selected Entrant will be drawn from all remaining Contest entries.
9. The Selected Entrant will be contacted by the Contest Sponsor using the email address provided on the Contest entry form, and notified that they are a Selected Entrant to win a Prize (the “Notification”).
10. If the Selected Entrant does not respond to the Notification within twelve (12) hours thereof, that Selected Entrant will be automatically disqualified and an alternate Selected Entrant will be selected and contacted in accordance with paragraph 9.
11. Any Notification made by email that is returned as undeliverable may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
12. To be declared a Prize winner and recipient of a Prize (as defined below) the Selected Entrant must first (a) sign a declaration confirming compliance with these Official Rules and Regulations and acceptance of the Prize as awarded, (b) sign and return, within the time stipulated, a waiver and release of the Contest Sponsor and its respective officers, directors, shareholders, volunteers, governors, employees, agents, representatives, parents, successors, affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, related entities, partners, partnerships, suppliers of prizes, licensees, and licensors from any liability in connection with this Contest and, (c) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited skill testing mathematical question to be administered by Contest Sponsor.
13. Selected Entrants may also be required to submit valid proof of identity.
14. By accepting a Prize, the Contest winner authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, City of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any further publicity carried out in connection with this Contest, with no additional compensation to the Contest winner beyond the awarding of the Prize.
15. There is one (1) Prize available to be won.
16. One (1) winner will be chosen and awarded a prize consisting of: (a) two (2) pairs of the new Sketchers Health Care Pro Slip Resistant series shoes; and (b) two (2) scrub outfits (each consisting of one (1) top and one (1) bottom) of your choice per month (the "Prize"). The approximate total retail value of the Prize is $2,000 CDN.
17. Prize(s) must be accepted as is and cannot be redeemed for cash. Prize(s) are non-transferable and no substitution will be made unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, or a portion thereof, for one of equal or greater value should it become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. All prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Limit: One (1) Prize per person.
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
18. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries or for any failure of the web site during the Contest; for any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software, failed network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, online failures or communication failures other circumstances affecting, disrupting or corrupting the Contest in any manner, including without limitation, receipt of entries, entrants’ ability to participate in the Contest, prize notification or entrant response to the notification, for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination of the foregoing. Further, the Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any damage to entrants’ or third parties’ computer occasioned by participation in the Contest or by downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest.
19. By entering the Contest, entrants agree that the Contest Sponsor shall not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance, possession or use of any Prize awarded and entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor and its subsidiaries, parent company, affiliates, and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, and agents, for all claims or damages arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest or the acceptance or use of a Prize awarded therein.
20. The Contest Sponsor makes no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning the Prize and disclaims any implied warranties.
21. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or portion thereof) without notice for alternate prize or prizes of equal or greater value. Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged or returned for cash.
22. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend or extend this Contest or modify the Official Rules and Regulations at any time without notice and shall have no liability to anyone, including entrants, for the cancellation or termination of the Contest.
23. The personal information provided by entrants to enter the Contest will be (i) collected by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsor, (ii) used only to administer the Contest, contact Selected Entrants, verify eligibility of the Selected Entrants and for no other reason, and (iii) accessible only to those employees of the Contest Sponsor or a third party retained by the Contest Sponsor directly involved in the Contest and will not be disclosed or sold to any other third parties.
24. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes and in the manner described herein.
25. For more information about the Contest Sponsor’s commitment to your privacy please review the privacy policies online at our website.
26. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
27. The name of the Prize Winner will be available and may be obtained by e-mail sent to email@example.com within 120 days after the close of the Contest Period.
28. As a condition of participating in the Contest, except where prohibited by law, each entrant agrees that any dispute or cause of action arising out of or connected with the Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action proceeding, and exclusively before a court located in the province of Alberta and that the court shall apply the laws of the province of Alberta doctrines of conflict of law and that you agree to be subject to personal jurisdiction in the province of Alberta. Further, each entrant agrees to waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including legal costs or attorneys’ fees, other than the entrant’s out-of-pocket expenses associated with entering the Contest.
29. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. An entrant may be required to provide the Contest Sponsor with proof that she or he is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.