Mark’s Fall 2017 Promotion - 10,000 SCENE Points Prize and 50,000 SCENE Points Grand Prize Draw
*Rules and Regulations
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
The Contest is sponsored by Mark’s Work Wearhouse Ltd. (the " Contest Sponsor"). The Contest shall be administered by SCENE LP on behalf of Contest Sponsor.
CONTEST PERIOD: Contest opens on August 23, 2017 and closes on October 2, 2017 (the “Contest Period”).
Who Can Enter
The Contest is open to SCENE members who are legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who are 14 years of age or older at the time of entry. You are not eligible to enter if you are (or you live with) an employee, officer, director, representative, agent, consultant or supplier of (i) the Contest Sponsor and/or SCENE LP, (ii) or any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees or licensees. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and is void where prohibited by law.
How to Enter
1. During the Contest Period, all members who purchase a pair of jeans at Mark’s will receive a PIN Code for 500 bonus SCENE points (the “PIN Code”). By entering their SCENE membership number online at the applicable website and redeeming the PIN Code during the Contest Period, he/she will automatically into the Contest. Each entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Contest, to a maximum of 4 PIN cards per entrant.
2. No Purchase Method: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing your full name, telephone number, SCENE card number and a unique and original essay of a minimum 50 words (the “Essay”) on why you should win 10,000 SCENE Points. There is a limit of one (1) no purchase entry per unique and original Essay, as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Furthermore, there is a limit of four (4) no purchase entries during the Contest Period.
3. You must be a SCENE member to enter. Membership is absolutely free and no purchase is required in order to become a Member. To enroll, you must be a legal resident of Canada, with a valid Canadian address, a valid email address and be 14 years of age or order. To become a Member, simply complete a SCENE Program online enrollment membership form available at www.scene.ca accurately and completely.
4. Entries that do not contain a valid email address will be void. Entries that contain false, misleading or inappropriate information and any entrant that, in the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion, believes the Entrant is or has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, use of multiple mice or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair playing practices (including, without limitation, any Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means). Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will automatically be disqualified. Entries must be received within the Contest Period. Entries received after the Contest Period closes will not be accepted.
5. By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Regulations and all decisions of the Contest Sponsor.
6. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
7. The Contest Sponsor will not be responsible for an entrant’s inability to submit a Contest entry due to any hardware or software malfunction, internet service delay or interruption, inability to access the Contest URL, or any combination thereof. Further, The Contest Sponsor shall not be responsible for Contest entries that are incomplete, illegible, incorrect, lost, misdirected or delayed.
How to Win
8. The odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
9. At the conclusion of the Contest Period, the potential winner will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries (the “Selected Entrant”) on or approximately October 17, 2017 (“Draw Date”).
10. The Contest Sponsor will verify the Selected Entrant’s eligibility and the Selected Entrant will be notified. If the Selected Entrant does not meet all eligibility requirements for the Contest, the entry is void or becomes disqualified, and then an alternate Selected Entrant will be drawn from all remaining Contest entries.
11. The Selected Entrant eligible to win will be contacted by SCENE LP via the e-mail address connected to their SCENE membership number for further communication (the “Notification”), whereby each Selected Entrant will be required to successfully answer a mathematical skill-testing question and sign a release form in order to be declared a winner. Once a Selected Entrant is confirmed to be an eligible winner, the Prize will be deposited into their SCENE account. The Selected Entrant will be contacted by the Contest Sponsor by email.
12. If the Selected Entrant does not respond to the Notification within forty-eight (48) hours, that Selected Entrant will be automatically disqualified and an alternate Selected Entrant will be selected and contacted.
13. Any Notification made that is returned as undeliverable may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
14. To be declared a Prize winner and recipient of a Prize (as defined below) the Selected Entrant must first (a) sign a declaration confirming compliance with these Rules and Regulations and acceptance of the Prize as awarded, (b) sign and return, within the time stipulated, a waiver and release of the Contest Sponsor, SCENE LP, and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, volunteers, governors, employees, agents, representatives, parents, successors, affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, related entities, partners, partnerships, suppliers of prizes, licensees, and licensors (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with this Contest and, (c) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited skill testing mathematical question to be administered by SCENE LP.
15. Selected Entrants may also be required to submit valid proof of identity.
16. By accepting a Prize, the Contest winner authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, City of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any further publicity carried out in connection with this Contest, with no additional compensation to the Contest winner beyond the awarding of the Prize.
17. Two prizes (each a “Prize”) will be awarded.
18. Prize A) The prize is 10 giveaways of 10,000 SCENE points. Approximate total retail value of each 10,000 SCENE points Prize is $100 CAD.
Prize B) The prize is a draw to win one giveaway of 50,000 SCENE points. Approximate total retail value of the Prize is $500 CAD.
The Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash. Prize(s) are non-transferable and no substitution will be made unless Contest Sponsor, in their sole discretion, determines otherwise. Contest Sponsor reserve the right to substitute a prize, or a portion thereof, for one of equal or greater value should it become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. All prize details are at Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
19. If the Selected Entrant: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to respond within the specified time; and/or (c) cannot accept the Prize as awarded for any reason; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries received during the Contest Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new Selected Entrant).
Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
20. Neither Contest Sponsor nor SCENE LP are responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries or for any failure of the web site during the Contest; for any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software, failed network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, online failures or communication failures other circumstances affecting, disrupting or corrupting the Contest in any manner, including without limitation, receipt of entries, entrants’ ability to participate in the Contest, prize notification or entrant response to the notification, for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination of the foregoing. Further, neither the Contest Sponsor nor SCENE LP are responsible for any damage to entrants’ or third parties’ computer occasioned by participation in the Contest or by downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest.
21. By entering the Contest, entrants agree that the Released Parties shall not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance, possession or use of any Prize awarded and entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released parties and their respective subsidiaries, parent company, affiliates, and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, and agents, for all claims or damages arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest or the acceptance or use of a Prize awarded therein.
22. Neither Contest Sponsor nor SCENE LP make any warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning the Prize and disclaims any implied warranties.
23. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or portion thereof) without notice for alternate prize or prizes of equal or greater value. Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged or returned for cash.
24. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend or extend this Contest or modify the Rules and Regulations at any time without notice and shall have no liability to anyone, including entrants, for the cancellation or termination of the Contest.
25. The personal information provided by entrants to enter the Contest will be (i) collected by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsor, (ii) used only to administer the Contest, contact Selected Entrants, verify eligibility of the Selected Entrants and (iii) accessible only to those employees of SCENE LP and will not be disclosed or sold to any other third parties.
26. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the purposes and in the manner described herein.
27. For more information about the Contest Sponsor’s commitment to your privacy please review the privacy policies online. You can also contact us or otherwise communicate your privacy concerns by emailing us at email@example.com.
28. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
29. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and Regulations and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Entry, website and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Rules and Regulations shall prevail, govern and control.
30. As a condition of participating in the Contest, except where prohibited by law, each entrant agrees that any dispute or cause of action arising out of or connected with the Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action proceeding, and exclusively before a court located in the province of Alberta and that the court shall apply the laws of the province of Alberta doctrines of conflict of law and that you agree to be subject to personal jurisdiction in the province of Alberta. Further, each entrant agrees to waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including legal costs or attorneys’ fees, other than the entrant’s out-of-pocket expenses associated with entering the Contest.
31. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. An entrant may be required to provide the Contest Sponsor with proof that she or he is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.