WindRiver Tick & Mosquito Repellent Clothing Frequently Asked Questions
- What is WindRiver tick and mosquito repellent clothing?
- Exactly that! Exclusive to Mark’s, this product line consists of men’s and women’s apparel and accessories that repels ticks and mosquitoes (yes, such a thing exists).
Science, Technology and Safety
- What makes the clothing repel ticks and mosquitoes?
- The apparel and accessories are treated with a bonding application of permethrin to repel ticks and mosquitoes from the areas of the body covered by the treated garments. Fun fact: everyone and their relationship to mosquitoes is unique based on the carbon dioxide their body gives off.
- What is permethrin?
- Permethrin (pr·meh·thruhn) is a broad spectrum synthetic pyrethroid insecticide that is bound to the fabric to repel ticks and mosquitoes.
- Do I still need to wear insect repellent with the clothing?
- You are encouraged to wear insect repellent in addition to tick and mosquito repellent clothing.
- Will the product lose its effectiveness when it gets wet?
- No. We know the unpredictable weather conditions in Canada and encourage everyone to put our gear to the test. These products will remain effective up to 70 washings through a regular wash/dry cycle.
- Can I wash/dry it normally with other clothing?
- These products should be washed separately from other garments but can be washed normally. Please see specific garment tags for washing instructions.
- Is the product still effective if you wear a jacket overtop?
- Yes, but the effectiveness will be limited if the jacket is untreated. Thankfully, this product line includes jackets, shirts, pants, shorts, hats and bandanas for men and women.
- Do the garments have UV protection?
- Yes, but each garment provides a different level of protection based on colour and the UV application. Please see individual garment tag for UV protection level.
- Are there plans to incorporate the technology into industrial apparel?
- Yes. We’ve applied this technology to polyester and are working towards approval for cotton and other industrial-focused fabrics – stay tuned!
- I have a customer-service related question. Who should I contact?
- Please visit our website to fill out the retail feedback form here.
- I work for media and want to feature these products in my next story. Who should I contact?
- We’re happy you asked. If you want to learn more about our WindRiver tick and mosquito repellent clothing for a media opportunity, please email us at: email@example.com.